Thursday, May 29, 2008

School's Out!

We finally finished all the end of the school year activities and the long holiday weekend. Now we can take a break...at least until summer school starts next week!

Twister had a new experience yesteray. Our daughter had a campout in the backyard and put up a tent. He was a bit curious about this new thing in his yard. He spent a lot of the evening looking at it with curiosity. When I woke up this morning all of the horses were still looking at the tent, though I think at this point it was because they heard the girls and wanted to be fed!

Twister loves to be scratched between his ears and has really started developing a great "horsenality". He has a great level of curiosity. but also a fair level of confidence. Not overly confident, but just ready to experience new things.

I have also taught him how to make sure that he gets his own feed in his own feed bucket. I feed Mom and Dad in the barn and then feed the ponies in the field and he now waits patiently for me to bring him his bucket. He knows it is coming so doesn't follow me back and forth. He only gets a small amount of a high quality concentrated pelleted feed which means that he is finished long before the others! I am proud of his ability to learn quickly, I can't wait to translate this to ground skills training! We are excited about this sweet baby of ours!

No comments: