Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feeding time at the Zoo!


Well, Twister's Mom Sally is getting a bit dominant at feeding time trying to eat everyone's feed so I have decided to regain my spot as the "alpha mare" of our little herd. I took my carrot stick and made it easier on her to do what I wanted instead of what she wanted! As long as she stayed with her overly generous feed bucket, I released all pressure. When she started pinning her ears, baring her teeth and going for someone elses bucket I not only drove her away. but had them go back to their bucket before I would allow her to go back to hers. After only a few attempts she realized that she was not getting ahead and instead just stayed at her bucket. Now the funny thing is that I also put a bucket there for my little boy with just a little of the feed , and he took his place at his own bucket....pretty cute!

No comments: