Monday, September 15, 2008

Ok...I know I am behind....way behind!





We finally have something new to report!  Twister is being weaned.  I had put it off for a bit, though he is still within the age range that is acceptable.  At four months he just still seemed young.  He was becoming more independent and we had to rotate fields with some of the horses to protect the field from over grazing as much as possible.  

It has not been the horror that I thought it would be, and we are on the second day.  He calls to Mom and she to him, but this morning was the only real fit we had and it was Mom, not Twister!  He has begun to realize that maybe Mom backed him up more than he realized.  He ran out to me in the field today when our pony would not let him in the stall to eat.  He hollered until I walked back up there with him and made her be nice to him.  It was funny becasue it was like he was tattling. He ran up to me, stopped and then started hollering!

He is becoming much more attatched to me as well and like to just walk the field with me and loves to get his neck scratched.  He is getting so big, he is bigger than our 10 month old colt and he is only at 5 months!  Here are the photos...doesn't he look sad?

No comments: